Re: [OM] 38mm macro and focus screens

Subject: Re: [OM] 38mm macro and focus screens
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:37:05 -0500
I'm Dr. Florida today since I well understand gators and moccasins but
haven't a clue about DOF and magnification with tilted lenses.  I've
never thought about it before but the wedge shaped DOF (illustrated in
your link) makes perfect sense to me.  But my head already hurts from a
further read of that link.  I think I'll go out back and check if there
are any gators in Frog Creek today.  Maybe if I had a tiltable lens I
could take a close-up, end-on shot with nostrils and tail tip both in
focus.  Ooops.  No tiltable lens available.  I'll have to skip that part
today.  :-)

Dr. Florida