Re: [OM] Oh, darn!!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh, darn!!!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:24:53 -0600

> OK, I've got two cameras that will oribably go on to be considered iconic,
> the D3 and the M9. There's a difference between 12 and 18 MP, but I've
> blown
> up D3 files to 24x36 with fablous results, and am perfectly happy. I'm
> looking foreward to taking something with the M9, this June in Italy, that
> will deserve that kind of enlargement, and see the results.

Oh, drool. The D3 holds no interest to me for reasons not the fault of Nikon
or the camera, but that M9--yeah, now we're talking. 18MP is that point
where anything beyond is pretty much acedemic as we're butting up against
not only what the lenses can do but the final output of all but the fringe
application doesn't really benefit. A true point of diminishing returns.
What I see with the M9 is the true maturity of design of the marriage of a
classic camera form with digital imaging technology. I'm sure the M10 and
M11 will be even better, but for once we have a digital camera that I feel
will stand the test of time.

> But what about you, what are you considering? Sony? Pentax? Hasselblad?

Don't tell Moose...

AG