Re: [OM] Pen Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:29:48 -0800
Ian Manners wrote:

> I have no problems using the T20 or T32 on the E1, E330, or the E510.
> ... Haven't tried the T18 yet, probably should as it does sit higher in the
> flash socket than the 20 or 32.

Pretty limited for that use, as it's only setting is full power manual
on anything other than a TTL OM body. It's the only T series flash that
doesn't have a sensor to do auto flash on its own or any intermediate
manual power settings. A one trick pony.

Also, NiCads, and by extension NiMH, are not safe. It uses the internal
resistance of the batteries as part of the flash circuit to limit
current to safe levels. Alkaline disposables only.

Moose