Re: [OM] Lighting for a computer work area

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighting for a computer work area
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:01:05 +0100
Hello John,

some more info is needed:

- what are you going to do in the room? Only computer work (and what
kind of?) or also writing etc?
- if both I would choose a simple fixture for general illumination of
the room, maybe there is still something
around in the house? (I suppose there is a lamp now as well?

A desk lamp you can adjust is always nice. It keeps me concentrated to
my work as well.
something like this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80146777

Be carefull with choosing the bulbs. I really get a headache of the PL
lights. If possible go for halogen or maybe even led (but there is a
lot of variation in these). For my desk light I still have a classic
edison.

Be carefull that if you are going to work on pictures the light will
influence the result.

All the best,

Iwert (just rearranging the photo cabinet in the office:)