Re: [OM] Some snow in England

Subject: Re: [OM] Some snow in England
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:01:58 +0000
John

The windscreen wiper was for use at approach speeds, less than 250kts, I seem
to remember.  I don't think that they were normally in that position, but
parked at the base of the windscreen, behind some baffles.  The wipers improved
visibility in rain but were not essential; in later aircraft a combination of
water repellant and curvature of the screen sorted out the rain problem, for
the most part.

No, Julia was the cashier in Accounts at Lossiemouth :-)  She left the service
a few years later because, in those days, pregnant girls were not allowed to
stay in the RAF.

Chris