Re: [OM] Some snow in England

Subject: Re: [OM] Some snow in England
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:20:58 +0000
Thanks, Nathan, for looking and commenting.  I'll tell Julia that she is still
the favourite :-)

Just as a treat, here is one of Julia on the ladder of a 2-seat Hunter T7 at
RAF Lossiemouth, just before a trip.

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100053/julia-hunter-edit&bgcolor=black

It's a scrotty scan of a scrotty colour print, sorry.

These aircraft were used on the Tactical Weapons Unit to teach youngsters like
me to aim bombs, rockets (SNEB) and guns (30mm Aden cannon).  Once cleared solo
they would fly the single-seat Hunter to the range or up on 1 v 1 air combat
training.  The 2-seater was a bit of a pig, with smaller engine, too much
canopy frame (it was murder in close formation) and a bleedin' instructor next
to you being grumpy about your flying; the single-seater made you feel a hero

I had met Julia a couple of months before this, when I got to Lossiemouth to
learn to operate the Jaguar; I had flown my TWU at Brawdy, South Wales.  We got
married in 1980, when we were both stationed in Germany.

Chris