[OM] Some snow in England

Subject: [OM] Some snow in England
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:26:57 +0000
Dear All

The snow has stopped flying for me, so there's little to do at work at the
moment and I left early yesterday.  I dawdled variously on the way home, with
my underused E-420 on the car seat beside me.  Various councils have probably
been saving money on gritting, by reducing stockpiles and the other
infrastructure associated with snow-clearing, so many roads are snow-covered.
I vary my route home from work and some of the roads are quite small, but I
took even smaller roads yesterday and stopped to take photos.  There were
several pheasants around who fled when I produced the little black camera
(:-)); but I am quite pleased with these 2 photos of snowy UK:

The road zig-zags into the distance to the south, near Croxton, Cambridgeshire.

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100037/_1084843&bgcolor=black

Another, smaller road by a wood, near Waresley, Cambridgeshire.

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100037/_1084846&bgcolor=black

I'm pretty certain each image will be a little dark for some, but let me know
if it is unbearably so.  They are as I saw them.

I should add that I don't blame the councils for reducing their costs by saving
on infrastructure; the incidence of snow at this rate (it is light here in
Cambs) is quite rare.

Chris