Re: [OM] Fox Terrierorists: was Christmas lunch

Subject: Re: [OM] Fox Terrierorists: was Christmas lunch
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:19:27 -0700
Hi Andrew,

Polly is adorable! Looks like she has some paws to grow into. :-)
She appears to be about the same size as a young pup that our Sophie is
now, and I see that they like to relax in the same position.

I probably shouldn't have just said "fruit bats". Although, to be fair,
I've never heard anyone around here call them anything else. Even the
Division of Wildlife personnel that have come out to take care of sickly
bats we've had have called them "fruit bats". We have many agricultural
areas around us, lots of wineries and orchards. From this, I think,
people tend to call them "fruit bats".

The bat that was in our house, and the bats I've seen around here and
roosting under our eaves, are small. Probably about the size of 2 small
field mice. Couldn't really give you an accurate wingspan measurement.
Colorado has many species of bats, and several species that are solitary
roosters.
http://www.cnhp.colostate.edu/RASwebpage/cbwg_website/cbwg_bats_CO.htm

Candace