[OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)

Subject: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:38:53 -0500
Nice review AG---thanks for the link.   Handled the EP-1 just after the
AF firmware upgrade at Hunt's in Melrose, MA during their
annual show.  Had a hard time  keeping my CC in my pocket.  The AF was
a bit slow but not bad--no slower than me with a MF Zuiko.
The LCD needs more resolution---the Z. 18mm was t ough to focus on the
EP-1 in that ?cornucopia review site.  The tilt adapter would likely
then be a bear to use well.  DXO is planning  to support the GH-1 in
the first quarter---perhaps they will support Oly's MFT options.
Should  at least eliminate the CA issue  of the pancake if they decide
to do so.
Mike

Yes, but doesn't that price include the viewfinder?

Oh, did I mention that the in-camera image-handling is better with the
Olympus and in-camera JPEGs are bloody excellent?

The EP-1/2 is a camera which you can palm very easily. It just sits in
your
left hand just like the perfect cameras of old.  See picture of me
holding
the E-P1:

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=460&Itemid=1

This is what it really comes down to in my book. The GF1 is a better
camera
TODAY than the EP-1, pretty much equal to the EP-2. But two years from
now
which one will wear better? In both Olympus and Panasonics cases, there
are
mixed results in which models maintain desirability, but I believe with
the
Pen series, the EP-1/2 will hold value well as they aren't JUST another
camera, but they represent something beyond just specifications. These
are
cameras you want to have and shoot. The GF1 might very well fall into
that
category too, but the G1/GH1 won't as those are more feature-counting
cameas. The GH1 is the best camera of the entire class, AT THIS TIME,
though.

AG