Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:07:35 -0600
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Saw a website once where someone was advertising A speaker cable just one
> for $5000 it had been dipped in liquid nitrogen and its "molecules" had
> been aligned with mars or something or another.  Same guy was selling ac
> outlet plugs that had the same treatment.  Now I know that when you cool
> wire down that far the resistance in the wire goes way down but once it
> comes back up to room temp its back to normal.  I also read about a carbon
> fiber board that you put under your DVD or Cd player that inproves the
> sound.  I dicided the high end audio was not for me.  John who uses the
> cheapest hdmi cables I could find.

Oh, high-end snake oil makes for endless hours of enjoyable reading.
Like magic pebbles you place on your components.  Or $950 AC cables. Or
a special cd that you play once that will rearrange all of the electrons
in your equipment.

I've always questioned how $1000 AC cables will help when they're
plugged into a 75-cent duplex outlet from Menard's that's wired up with
off-the-shelf Romex connected to a $1.50 breaker.  And I'm pretty danged
sure the utility company hasn't wired my pole pig with oxygen-free copper.

But then maybe I'm not their target market.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard