Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:35:46 EST
A few years ago after retiring from the police dept, I had a job marketing
gourmet coffee beans to Shop Rites (a US supermarket). My displays were
always  next to the soda shelves and the Pepsi marketing guy told me that an
entire six pack of 12oz cans contained 35 cents worth of soda. The cans
probably had more value.

Around the same time a friend's cousin married a guy whose father made
those plastic 2-liter size bottles used by Coca Cola. After all was said and
done, and the company made its profit, one cent from each bottle sold went
directly into this guy's pocket. With probably literally billions of 2 liter
bottles sold in the US, you can imagine the wedding, held at his home in
his  "backyard"..... The wedding being outdoors, in the event of rain they had
enough  room for and duplicate tables and settings *inside the "basement"
level of  the home all prepared and ready to accept the couple of hundred
guests. Of  course, the sun shone brightly all day for them.

George

I  remember working on a project, many years ago, a toy where the final
effective cost to consumer of the packaging was more than the item
itself. But then, notoriously, the value of the PET bottle  containing
a litre of Coke was around seven times the value of the  content and
may still be. Madness indeed.
Andrew  Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx