Re: [OM] Initial User Report - ADOX MCC 110

Subject: Re: [OM] Initial User Report - ADOX MCC 110
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 02:06:57 -0600

> Nice that there are still new, better products coming out for the
> "obsolete" technology. I'm happy for you.

This is actually an old paper that has been reintroduced by a different
company and has been slightly modified to a brighter white paper.

I was describing to a friend tonight something else.   Ilford papers tend to
have a slightly yellow gelatin, but the silver has a cool tint to it. This
new MCC has a cooler gelatin, but the silver is warmer. Part of that is the
developer, but the difference really is in your face.

Yes, I'm happy there is continuing development in this obsolete technology.
Not much, but it is a relatively mature technology. I suppose there could be
some improvements in dynamic range and noise reduction. Cost containment
would also be nice.

AG