[OM] Initial User Report - ADOX MCC 110

Subject: [OM] Initial User Report - ADOX MCC 110
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:40:04 -0600
I've finally got around to working with this brand new ADOX MCC 110 B&W
paper. Processed in PRINT WA developer, it is rich, sharp and amazingly
deep. It's as though you can look through the surface of the print at the
image underneath.

The tonal curves seem to have nice fat gradients in Zones II-IV. This is
completely opposite of the Ilford papers that tend to be much better at
mid-tones while sacrificing the lower registers. The base is a brilliant
white with none of the yellowing that I'm used to seeing. The prints are
very crisp looking. Amazingly, it has almost no "drydown".

It does remind me of some of the old Oriental Seagull papers, but with a
glossier surface and absolutely no gloss differential.

The paper and developer are a bit more expensive than the normal papers, but
I'm completely convinced. This is, by far, the best B&W paper I've ever used
and have no intention of using anything else for FB Glossy. It is well worth
the expense and then some.

Available through Freestyle.

--
Ken Norton