[OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:27:13 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Interesting, all my external USB hard disks do not require software to see
> them but they are 250 and 500GB.

That doesn't sound right to me, either. Any USB HDD should be recognized
as a Mass Storage Device by Windoze by simply connecting the USB cable.
No special software should be needed. The 2.5" WD 'My Passport' I bought
on the road for additional storage may have had some sort of software on
it, but I simply ignored it.

I agree about Syncback, a simple and reliable back-up program.

On the free version, I couldn't find a simple way to view only the
differences between source and target, just many pages of all files. To
do disk and folder level comparisons of contents, I found a free app
called ViceVersa Free that does a nice job. It was VERY helpful when I
reorganized the sub-directory structure on my 1.5TB  image disk and
matching  BU disk.

Moose