Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:39:27 -0600
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the monitor issue you may try to download the latest display card driver
> to see if it works.

I did that.

> For the Spyder, I'm glad you like it. I got a Spyder 2 Pro, I disabled them
> in all the computers at home, it gives wrong gamma values (differ from
> monitor to monitor) which does not match the need of an accurate sRGB
> display. Same probem found at the TFT Central although it is the
> Spyder2Express:

My device is older than that, several changes of ownership of the
company earlier.  It appears to help mainly for optimizing the
monitor's own settings (brightness, contrast, RGB, etc.) before doing
a final calibration routine and saving a profile.  It owes me nothing
by now, as it was made for CRT monitors.  Some people are happy with a
Huey and this works better than a Huey.  I am content, but I am also
quite sure that I am less exacting than you.

It must be 10 years old by now.  I was probably running Win98se when I
got it.  If I move to Win 7 I will have to retire it.  Good reason not
to do that I guess!

Joel W.