Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 + Zuiko 40 F2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 + Zuiko 40 F2
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:25:34 +0800
I don't think this "ghosting" is only happen with digital. All large
aperture Zuiko (85mm and below) is a little soft wide open, it is caused by
the lens aberration not reflections. If it is caused by reflections that
bounce between the rear element and the sensor it should happen at all
apertures.

Looking at this 50/1.4 shot the image is soft wide open but with a small
adjustment the image is very usable. The same softness happen to the
test images I made with negatives many years ago.

E-3 original shot, sharpness -2, OM 50/1.4 at F1.4

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/50mmF14.jpg

Slight contrast curve + slight LCE

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/50mmF14a.jpg

This is a shot at F2.8 where most lens aberration is corrected:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/50mmF28.jpg (no post adjustment)

C.H.Ling