[OM] Really wide medium format

Subject: [OM] Really wide medium format
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:11:59 -0500
I know Brian ordered (and maybe got) an Obsession 6x17 camera from the
guy in Oz who builds them.  Anyone have experience using these things.
Advice?  What about the (relatively) inexpensive Chinese Gaoersi cameras
on ebay... such as this one (which also has shift capability)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Gaoersi-617-SHIFT-6X17-CAMERA_W0QQitemZ330344364035QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFilm_Cameras?hash=item4cea0ef803>
The Gaoersi does multiple format (6x12, 6x14, 6x17).  What about lenses
and, in particular the need for center filters to control vignetting.
Needed at 6x17 but are they also needed for 6x12 or 6x14?

I could see shooting film with something like these cameras provided it
gives *much* more resolution than my 5D but shoots roll film without the
bother of a 4x5.

Chuck Norcutt