Re: [OM] shutter speed

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter speed
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:11:23 -0700
I would guess that the shutter lag of whatever camera was used would
be too slow to trigger off the mortar round firing.  The picture was
likely taken only a few milliseconds after the mortar was triggered,
so you would have to pre-trigger the camera to catch the round.  For
this picture, I would also guess that the operators of the mortar
would not be willing and/or able to attach some sort of timing device
to trigger the camera at the proper time.  If it were me taking the
picture, my first try would be to get as high of a shutter speed as I
could, set the motor drive as fast as it will go, start shooting when
they either drop the round in the tube or are about to pull the
trigger, and hope.

Mark