Re: [OM] Season of goodwill

Subject: Re: [OM] Season of goodwill
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:28:36 -0600

> I sometimes wonder if I impose too much on the list with my news of Cai,

Nope. Not at all. It's much more interesting than the average yabber on the
list. It's either news about Cai or my ranting about Adobe. Take your pick.
:)

I'd rather have news about Cai.

> ...this is due to the battles Kerstin fought.

The advancements not only in getting proper care, but also the
identification of treatments is frequently brought about by the families
themselves. There is this mistaken belief that all medical finds and
advancements come out of some university research facility. But when
something like this happens to people with research skills the advancements
can and usually do come from people JUST like you and Kerstin.

Also, where this is relevant to us is that this list is so extremely
diversified in knowledge base and skill sets that the "open-source" efforts
of all of us may bring about one of those "...you know, we had this one
person back in university..." discoveries. It's the seemingly obscure things
from highly divergent sources that can bear fruit.

Obviously this won't undo anything done or not done in time with Cai in the
past, but may help with future things with Cai as well as others like Cai.

So, inotherwords, we've all adopted Cai.

AG