Re: [OM] Digital vs. Film, Round 10203030330...

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital vs. Film, Round 10203030330...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:46:03 -0600

> Ahhh, now I know what you're talking about, I think the term is
> "posterization" rather than "solarisation".  Posterization is a gross
> reduction in the number of tonal values, solarisation is a reversal of some
> of the tonal values.

Oh, brother. You are absolutely correct.  My brain and fingers were not in
sync when I wrote that. Unfortunately, to some people, that immediately
means that I'm going to get dismissed for everything else as well and
considered some ignorant luddite.

Oh well....

Hmm.. When you overdo the processing you still can end up with solarisation,
but that's not what I was referring to.

Slinking into my hole now.

AG