Re: [OM] Season of goodwill

Subject: Re: [OM] Season of goodwill
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:14:23 -0700
Ian,

I am hopeful that since you are posting, Cai is doing well now.
Very scary.

But you are right, and it's a phenomena my husband and I have noticed as
well. Be it illness, injury, or other, the person stepping into the
situation seems to have a subconscious awareness that they must remain
calm, thoughtful, and alert. It's as if that person's brain assesses the
situation and makes that immediate determination to remain clear and
focused in a non-panicked fashion, and automatically does so.

My daughter was on a heart/apnea monitor for the first 5 months of her
life. She had severe reflux and would choke in her sleep and just stop
breathing. I feel for anyone who has to watch their child struggle for
breath. It puts one's priorities in order very quickly.

You are good to remind us that there are many, many things much more
important than our disagreements and differences.

Merry Christmas to all!

Candace