[OM] Season of goodwill

Subject: [OM] Season of goodwill
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:01:27 +0100
Is it me or do I sense a lot more tension on the list at the moment,
even if you don't believe in Christmas it is fast approaching the season
of goodwill to all (wo)men, which to my mind includes list members ;-).

We all have our problems, My wife and I spent 1 hour the night before
last trying to get our son's oxygen level back up from critical (60 per
cent - prolonged lack of oxygen can lead to brain damage), I can tell
you even 5 minutes is an age under such circumstances especially when
you are without the support of a hospital infrastructure and staff who
you can call on.

One thing I have observed is that whoever is first involved in the
incident (me in this case as I watched his O2 level slowly drop and not
recover like it mostly does) is much more anxious than the person coming
into the situation, this time my wife. On other occasions the situation
has been reversed and its been my wife panicking and shouting for me and
then I am the calm one. I wonder if its because the person coming knows
they are the last hope or just simply they have had more time to assess
the situation, a puzzle for the psychiatrists on the list.

Anyway remember season of goodwill and all ;-)