Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Google Wave
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:26:28 +1100
That's my point - it only behaves in an ethical fashion if and while
it is in its best interests to do so.
If it is better to behave 'badly' at any point, in pursuit of profit,
then it will do so. Sacking the entire, loyal, hardworking factory
workforce and moving offshore is a perfect example.
Well run? - depends on how you define that idea.
It is not a continuum between good and bad - it is a fundamental
principle of self-interest which underlies all.
Very Hobbesian.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx