[OM] [OT] Windows 7 Compatability

Subject: [OM] [OT] Windows 7 Compatability
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:40:38 -0500
I hope the applications run natively---save a headache.  Win XP mode in
Win 7 is slightly different than rolling your own by
installing virtual PC (free) and XP from your disks.  One can run apps
 from one click and I think the PC uses the win 7 drivers for printers
and such(may not be an adantage for me).  If you have trouble you could
try the virtual PC approach though will take a performance hit of
course.
Perhaps easier than a mulit-boot set-up if runs well.

Looking at Microsoft website, I'm not seeing a copy of virtual PC for
your flavor of win 7--seems they want you to upgrade---what a surprise.
  There were leaked versions available months ago and it took me one
minute to find one should that be something one would do.  There is
other free virtualiization  software developed as shareware for
downloading as well.

Mike

Tonight I will try installing PSE 4.0 and an XP compatable version of
Family Tree Maker. Neither of these would install on Vista so maybe
I'll get
lucky.

Charlie