Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?

Subject: Re: [OM] how many megapixels here?
From: Jim Loudon <listadr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:10:14 -0500
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm a digest subscriber...

In answer to the question, how did I extract EXIF data from the subject
image, it's pretty simple: my web browser, Opera 10, shows EXIF data (if
present) as part of the image properties display. Right-click on the image
and it's all there. Firefox and IE users (and probably Safari as well) are
limited to seeing pixel dimensions and file size, I believe (I don't use
those browsers frequently enough to really know). Opera has been capable
of displaying EXIF data within images been for several years now.

To answer to another question, EXIF data is present in web images more
frequently than one might suspect. Some image editors preserve the EXIF
data of the original image capture as the default.

jim