Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:02:21 -0500
I saw the doc yesterday for my first xray.  He reports that I'm doing
very well.  No problems and very good range of motion for only 6 weeks
post surgery.  However, pain is part of this surgery.  Complete healing
can require as long as 4 months.  Previously, I thought that cardiac
bypass surgery had to be one of the worst things to have done.  But my
recollection of that is that I was pretty much pain free after 3 weeks.
  I'm told that hip joints are also a piece of cake relative to knees.
I'm better this morning.  I probably wrenched the knee in some way
turning over in bed in my sleep.

But the doc says I also have to start weaning myself of the pain meds.
That ought to be fun.  :-)

The bright spot is the new eyes.  If I could walk better I'd go outside
with an OM of some sort and take some pictures.  I'm positive I can (for
the first time in many years) focus them accurately.

Chuck Norcutt