Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:09:09 -0500
I made my comment based on statements here that ORF files do not have
embedded JPEGs.  Canon raw files do contain embedded JPEGs but, for a
5D, the embedded JPEG at 4MP is much lower resolution than the raw file
at 12.7MP.  It's clear from the amount of detail visible in ACR that ACR
has converted the raw file for display and does not use the embedded JPEG.

Chuck Norcutt