Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:31:31 +0800
That is same as what I have seen, Olympus Master/Studio and Canyon DPP are
not doing highlight recovery, even you reduce the exposure in the converter
and save the file as 48bit TIFF does not help. ACR, Phase One and Silkpix
(could be others too) do highlight recovery and I only use them for over
exposed images. Yes, there is no magic, as someone pointed out there is no
guarantee of color accuracy for recovered areas. The softwares perform
differently for different images, so for the important images I will try
them all to see which do better.

C.H.Ling