Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower, sort of ...

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower, sort of ...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 23:01:23 +1100
Nietzsche. Like all good philosophers, he lived it - had a house
halfway up a mountain and every morning climbed up for the view. 'No
pain, no gain.'
I prefer the motto - 'Whatever doesn't kill me, only delays the
inevitable.'
If you want to stay within the flower analogy though, consider pruning.
Careful pruning certainly improves many fruit crops, like grapes.
Stressing plants often encourages lush growth.
Cutting a lawn improves the grass from our point of view (makes it
bush out) put perhaps not from the grasses'.
That enough horticultural examples for you? :-)

I may now confess that I never finished 'In the Name of the Rose' (3
attempts) as I eventually decided that life is too short to struggle
with something I would never quite 'get'.
The filum wasn't bad, but.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx