Re: [OM] EP2: NO! NO! NO!

Subject: Re: [OM] EP2: NO! NO! NO!
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:09:43 +0200
Ahhhh sh*t.... I knew it was coming, but I am so very disappointed
with Olympus'
lack of vision in producing a viable Leica RF alternative.

The only cool feature is the pluggable EVF, but to be honest, we were
expecting that
on the E-P1 already. Now, if we want an EVF, we have this big
accessory sticking out
the top of the camera.

Now, _who_on_earth_ wants *another* friggin' slow zoom lens?? If I
want a 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 lens
on an E-P2, I would just stick the existing (already very small and
light) 4/3rds lens on there!
Who wants another slow plastic 14-150mm super-zoom??

Where are the small, fast prime lenses! f/2.0?? f/1.4?? The f/1.0 that
would certainly be possible
by the ultra-convenient Micro Four-Thirds lens mount design??

No man, this sucks... At this stage, Panasonic are building much more
serious cameras and
lenses. And this is not what we expect of Olympus.

Good grief. They certainly are not targeting the enthusiast/pro market
*AT ALL* with Micro
Four Thirds. What a pity... they could have been the modern Leica.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0911/09110501olympusep2.asp