Re: [OM] Lightroom?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom?
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:48:46 +0000
Moose wrote:

> I haven't tried it since the original beta, which I found maddening to
> work with. That it was so slow, I could understand, and I assume that's
> been addressed.

I don't know if the improvements will change your view, Moose. The
'ethic' behind Lightroom remains the same, it's a digital asset
management program with excellent development tools, but heavy lifting
like layers and masks and perspective control is handed over to
Photoshop. As Andrew says, they've made that pretty seamless, if your
hardware can handle it (and you have the cash).

I don't know the programming overhead involved in the above-mentioned
adjustments, but I'd like basic keystone correction ability and easier
geotagging built in, but they already know about those; much-requested
features!

The changes to the interface in the new Beta give me the eerie feeling
(I've had it before) that they're watching me over my shoulder and
adding the features that make me go 'tsk!' when I find they're not there
(like Collections being available in all modules...)!

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.