Re: [OM] ( OM ) New photos - non-film, sorry

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New photos - non-film, sorry
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:21:28 +1300
C.H.Ling wrote

> I believe you only shot JPEG, if it had been RAW the shadow details will
> be easier to save, I seems to see some red shift on the shadow of this
> image.
>
> Don't know if the Mt. Cook images are also heavily modified, I see some
> strange on the histrogram.

True, they were created in jpeg. I do not have the huge storage space that
RAW files need.

There was other modification to all images that I overlooked mentioning.

All were resized in several steps using Faststone;  something like (width)
3700 > 3000 > 2000 > 1000; and after each resizing I did a sharpen of
usually 2 units, with a sharpen of from 2 - 4 units before the resizing process
began..

The only photos that I recall adding in more red were the vineyard, where I
wanted to ensure that the bronze colour of the new poplar leaves in the
distant shelterbelt was as obvious in the image as it was in real life. This
shelterbelt of poplars was the main reason I stopped to take this photo.

And the photo of 3 birds, where I added a tiny bit of red to ensure the red
hair and red scarf of the woman standing at the lake shore was as obvious
as it seems in real life. A flaming Saggitarian !!

Brian Swale.