[OM] Auto Bellows on digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Auto Bellows on digital bodies
From: Alan Wood <alanmwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 07:05:44 +0000 (GMT)
I have started adding tips on using OM macro equipment with digital bodies,
including tables of. magnification and bellows extension, to my website:
http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/

I have an EOS 40D, so I know that its overhanging pentaprism needs an
Olympus 14mm extension tube between the Auto Bellows and the OM/EOS adapter to
clear the long release lever on the body mount.  The non-Olympus 12mm tube is
too short.

Please can anyone tell me if the Olympus E-bodies also need a tube when used
with the Auto Bellows, and how long it needs to be?

And how about other Canon bodies such as the 50D MkII?

Thank you.

--
Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)