Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics

Subject: Re: [OM] Couple vertical panoramics
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:35:13 +1100
I'm just playing with a new Sony TX-1 compact - got it to try out the
robot cradle that goes with it. Not too impressed by that (slow,
uncertain) but do like the 'sweep panorama' mode - just set the mode
and swing around with the camera - it takes a series and then stitches
them automatically. You have a choice of standard or wide - think 4:1
and 7:1.
Small sensor quality but fast and you can keep redoing it to get it
right and it's real pano - swing not letterbox.
I'm just stunned by the computing power involved to stitch and trim -
couple of seconds to take and 3-4 more to process - in a tiny handbag'
camera! Results are not at all bad with a tweak in Lightroom - bump
the clarity and vibrance, sharpen a bit and use a gradient filter to
correct lighting. I'll put some up soon.
Now that the megapixel race is over, I think we're going to see some
clever features showing up.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx