Re: [OM] Something a bit different...

Subject: Re: [OM] Something a bit different...
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:06:10 +0200
<<
  No such thing as "free'. Somebody pays; in the case of the
national medical service everyone pays.

Charlie

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <<
> Makes me think though that I should learn how to remove tatoos.
> Gotta be a growth business.
> >>

> It will be for sure. In the past, that service in Italy was
> offered for free by the national medical service. Not free
> anymore now.

You are right, of course. I was pointing to the fact that
in a not too far past, there were very few people tattooed,
and in case someone would have had the tattoo removed that
service was offered without that particular person having
to pay the bill. It was only a small drop in the ocean
of the national medical service expenses.
Things are changed now because it seems that everyone has
a tattoo, and offering such a "free" service could have
a visible impact on the national service, so now if you
want to remove a tattoo you have to pay.

Ralf