Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:50:27 +0100
Do not buy an E-1 for it's pottential use with MF lenses - buy it for its
superior ergonomics, which make it a really easy camera to use.

I did have an E-1, and tried very hard to use it with MF lenses.  I bought a
split-image screen for it (OK, but they completely mangle flash exposure
control), I bought focus confirmation OM adaptors, (a waste of time and
effort) but the E-410's live view showed how wrong-headed I was to even try.

The E-3 viewfinder is considerably better, but still is no match for an OM.
(I put two rolls of Kodachrome through my 2n a couple of weeks back - what
pleasure!)

Piers