Re: [OM] NY & New England - 2009 [was OT: Nobel Prize]

Subject: Re: [OM] NY & New England - 2009 [was OT: Nobel Prize]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:11:50 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Excellent capture of the Bass Harbor Marsh, Moose!

So that's what it's called. No signs or map indication. I was just
driving along, said "Pretty!" in my head, braked, backed up, got out and
started shooting.

> By Jove, I think you have it! I've got some from my visit a few weeks
> earlier, but I don't think they're up to yours. Were the egrets still there?

Wow, high praise indeed, coming from you. As I said to Chuck, just being
in the right place at the right time, and perhaps a bit of credit for
having my eyes open.  ;-)   I thought 17mm worked rather well for an
overall shot. It's not often that such a wide angle works for landscape,
but here the reflections and foreground grasses pull it together.

I took quite a few shots (How could I resist?), including a couple of
freehand possible panoramas.

Didn't see any egrets, so you get the exclusive on them. :-)

Moose