Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: ¡A la bici!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: ¡A la bici!
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:57:11 +0100
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks.  Glad to hear I'm sounding better already.  I just got off the
> phone with my daughter and she made the same comment.
>
> A friend of mine was a regular coumadin customer and so I'm well aware
> it's to be avoided.  My use was strictly limited to hospital stay
> duration.  To prove the nature of the stuff, I had the misfortune (while
> reaching for something on the floor) of lightly brushing the gauze pad
> covering the puncture from my last blood test sample.  I was unaware of
> any problem until I felt wet and discovered that very watery blood was
> flowing down my fingers and puddling on the floor.  I'm glad I don't
> have to worry about that all the time.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Oh, yuck. I feel faint. Only a couple of operations in my puff, one at
six weeks and one at fourteen years. Don't remember the first and was
clean out for the second, the one that left me asymmetrical. Mind you,
I'd been asymmetrical to start with, so no biggie.

Glad I missed the first. I'd have been dead without the NHS, we could
never have afforded the op pre-war.

I've gone off the idea of having my knees done, even in jest! They may
be shot after years of mountaineering (it's the descents, the
descents...) but they'll have to do!

Chin up, Chuck. BenZeeNeez, BenZeeNeez!

D.

--