Re: [OM] Waterfalls, was Velvia Mood

Subject: Re: [OM] Waterfalls, was Velvia Mood
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 07:11:49 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> I like the feeling of a wave looming in a couple of those shots, Moose.

Thanks!

Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks again, Chuck.  I have flipped between my image and your  reworking and
> I think mine shows off the creamy, peaty water better. It's also more likely
> to be what I saw at the time, given the latish hour and low sun with patchy
> cloud.
>
> I seem to prefer the darker images generally, when I am shooting, at least.

I agree that Chuck's alternate, while opening up shadow and highlight,
loses some of the atmosphere. My alternate sticks closer to the tonal
mood, while bringing out more rich tonal detail in the water. You still
may not like it as much as the original, but I didn't see the subject,
so am free to reimagine.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/ChrisBarker&image=Killin01a80.jpg>

Moose