[OM] Stripping an E300

Subject: [OM] Stripping an E300
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:41:12 +1000 (EST)
That was a learning experience.

Dont suppost there are seconds Main PCB for E300's out there.

Now that I've stripped the E300, as in take all the screws
out, jiggle the back off, I think I've decided that Olympus
triple digit E cameras that old arent worth fixing !

The triple digit E series has a totally different approach
to the insides to the single digit E's. The card holders on
the main PCB, and it's not done in a way that I can just replace
the CF socket :-(

What fun that was, and as I dont know if the problem is
the CF socket (couldnt see anything obvious) or the interface,
I put it all back together, guess its a parts body, my first E one,
so it can go in the box with the assorted OM parts body's, lens,
and the lone junked Canon EOS-1D.

Cheers
Ian Manners
If at first you don't succeed, work for Microsoft.