[OM] Question - OM1 gap top plate to body

Subject: [OM] Question - OM1 gap top plate to body
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 16:16:19 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Maybe John H can help with this...

I recently bought an Olympus OM1 package from a fellow amateur astronomer...
Everything looks good, except there is a weird issue with the camera body:

There is noticeable gap between the top plate and the camera body.  This is
evident if you look at the two edges. I put pictures here:

http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/OlympusGap1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/OlympusGap2.jpg

The seller told me that he bought the camera from a reputable dealer and
paid $285 for it.  See the bottom of the camera:

http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/OlympusGap3.jpg

It looks that the camera has been serviced.  Is it possible that this gap is
caused by improper service?  Do you think it will affect operation?

Thank you,

George