Re: [OM] Ugh! Crown jewels stolen. Keep an eye out!

Subject: Re: [OM] Ugh! Crown jewels stolen. Keep an eye out!
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:23:31 +0200
Hi Bill, Chris and all,

From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx

>Fortunately most were insured, however at least two items were

>underinsured.  Having lunch, someone punched out the lock and made off
with  >two camera

>bags full of stuff.  Double dang.  Bill Barber

Sorry to hear that! I hope you'll find replacements soon.

From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I NEVER, ever leave any gear in

>my car. I carry it in with me if I have any gear with me when I go out to

>eat or to go shopping or whatever.

Same for me. A friend of mine left his (closed) car unattended for five
minutes -- just to find it (and the next car in the lot) "violated". They
stole two bags with his whole photo-video gear.
An anecdotic note... there are very few left nowadays, but every SEAT 132
(aka FIAT 132) I've seen had a dented license plate. The rumor about this
model was: if you kick the license plate, the trunk will open. Never tried
;^)
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)