Re: [OM] Ugh! Crown jewels stolen. Keep an eye out!

Subject: Re: [OM] Ugh! Crown jewels stolen. Keep an eye out!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:09:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/2009 7:54:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx writes:

Did  you have specific camera insurance or does your homeowners' policy
cover  that?

As many may know and some may assume, I am an agent for State Farm
Insurance Companies.  Any complaints with my agent are complaints with  myself.
had most of my stuff insured until fairly recently, when I went  through and
dropped a bunch of little stuff, including all my OM bodies and  almost
everything else that was under $200 in value.  They were all covered  on a
separate policy which, in my case, covers cameras, a laptop and a little
jewelry.  What wasn't covered by my policy were two camera cases, a Diana,  a
Holga, Olympus Chrome 6, Brownie Hawkeye, some quick release plates, old
lensbaby, new GPS, cell phone and a few other little gadgets and doo  dads.
Probably $1000 to $1200 total and right at my deductible on my  homeowners, so
won't be turning in a claim on that stuff.  The 50mm f1.2  , 90mm f2 and
Pentax digital spot meter were a little under-insured, so there  may be a
little hit there.  Both the 50mm and the 90 were in mint condition  and include
original caps and proper Olympus hoods.

I shouldn't have had this stuff so visible in my car and it will all get
sorted out sooner or later.  It is an unfortunate occurrence and I'm glad I
wasn't held up at gun point.

Bill Barber