Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 36: a bit of France, a bit of Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 36: a bit of France, a bit of Alicante
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:10:36 +0200
Hi Nathan and all,

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=286

Alt-2: It's amazing to see that after such a party, all the glass is cleanly
recycled...

Alt-7: Really nice! Although I would have preferred a bit darker shadows.
YMMV.

Alt-9: Fun! Also, the british señorita at the left looks like if she's
sitting on an invisible chair, over the water ;^)

Alt-10: Eeeek! A similar creature (saltamontes/cigarrón/langosta, but not of
the 'lobster' type) entered at home without my consent... seemed very
interested in some "exotic" gear:
<http://cjss.sytes.net/post/cigarron.jpg> [Crop
from EOS-300D pic, plastic 18-55 kit lens]

Alt-11: WOW! Another picturesque shot! Congrats!

Alt-12: already commented ;^) However, I forgot to ask a couple of things:

-The EXIF reads the aperture value as f/3.8. Is that the shooting aperture
or just the lens' maximum? AFAIK, rangefinders have no coupling to 'tell'
the aperture to the camara -- neither need to.

-The focal length of 24mm equals to 32mm in film terms, but it's funny how
noticeable is the wide-angle perspective at the buildings -- looks like if
it were a shorter-than-28mm equivalent.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)