Re: [OM] More on the 12 volt SLA battery

Subject: Re: [OM] More on the 12 volt SLA battery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:48:32 -0400
Recall that this is just a little battery, only 12 amp hours.  And the
inverter starts complaining about low voltage when the battery gets to
12.6 volts.  It can still keep on for quite a while but the chirping
from the inverter gets bothersome.

Looking back on my 5 year old test notes I see that the Schumacher 1.5
amp battery charger/maintainer never got the battery over 12.85 volts.
The 6 amp auto charger, however, it running them up to 13.5.  That
should probably give me a lot of extra shooting life.

Chuck Norcutt