Re: [OM] Zeiss 18mm now available for EOS mount - what does this mean fo

Subject: Re: [OM] Zeiss 18mm now available for EOS mount - what does this mean for OM Zuiko 18mm?
From: Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:42:22 +0800
I have no Zeiss 18/3.5 but I saw some samples from my friend. Vignetting is
observability at wide open, F8 and lower speed will be better. As Cosina
Zeiss style, I believe that contrast, color saturation are higher than
Zuiko's. And, Zeiss one is very sharp with high resolution. Compare with
Zeiss 21/2.8, the quality of edge is poor than 21/2.8 if 100% viewing.

It's seldom to sell used Zeiss 18/3.5 (even ZF mount) in the used market,
cannot compare the price for the used one but the new 18/3.5 is over
HK$10,000 I think Zuiko's is still attractive. Moreover, as Iwert said, the
size of Zuiko's is much smaller than Zeiss's as 49mm (without adaptor) or
72mm (with adaptor) vs 82mm filter size.

---
Michael