Re: [OM] IMG: Noisy Insect

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Noisy Insect
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:21:30 -0700 (PDT)
I really felt in love with Rhode Island.

It is the perfect place for me.  Live on an island, the entire place has its
own character.  Wind, waves, occasional sea gull and crickets, many crickets.
So quiet, that sometimes you have the feeling that the sound disappears into a
vacuum.  Nothing like falling asleep listening to the sound of the foghorns
(you need an ac for a week or two at most).  Fantastic peeps.  Paradise, isnt
it?

Up until this year when my arch nemesis showed up...it is this exact insect.
It reminded me immediately about St Louis.  I remember dredging the walks
before bed, the only time when the heat was bearable during the summer, just
because the deafening sound made by the numerous cicadas was ruining our
experience.

I am willing to sacrifice all I have now just to live in a place without
cicadas.  Please, let me know if such a place exists anymore.  I thought that I
was immune in RI, this is the first time I hear them since we moved six years
ago.  Oh, yea and the five minutes commute too...

Anyone wants to take a guess how they showed up here?

Thanks in advance

Boris