Re: [OM] Look what came from John H. now tampered 2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Look what came from John H. now tampered 2N
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:16:00 -0400
Yes, that's a nice looking body.  I'm hoping a 1N will come along that I
can keep.

Compared to a 2N I just finished that was severely tampered.  Meter
wires crush under the edge of the top cover.  Person who worked on it
had trouble keeping the wires in place in front of the prism so he
dribbled super glue in there.  Sure, the wires are firmly glued to the
face of the prism and (you guessed it) the  glue ran down and glued the
prism into the body.  I left it that way. The extra annoying aspect was
that it was taken apart very carefully, absolutely no signs of tampering
from the outside.  Every complaint or defect mentioned in his letter was
a direct cause of tampering.  "No viewfinder LED with flash".  SURE,  he
had taken the LED out from under the edge of the prism clamp on the
right side and put it under the screw to the left of the prism that
holds the flash bracket down.  A good teaching camera, sort of.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977