Re: [OM] Judging pictures - Re: Slide mountning marathon!

Subject: Re: [OM] Judging pictures - Re: Slide mountning marathon!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:32:44 -0500

> Specifically, I tried to include one slide that was the WORSE picture I
> have
> ever seen!  It was a scenic that was out of focus, scratched, overexposed,
> with no depth.  In other words, it was TERRIBLE!!!  It had nothing,
> absolutely NOTHING going for it.  And yet, there were some people who gave
> it top score. Go figure! :)

My Chalk Lake photo is another example, in a way.  I took a slide which was
at least a full stop over-exposed and magenta hued and attempted to make
"art" out of it.  For all of the criticism (and "correction"), I've gotten
an equal amount of praise for it.

There are "formulas for success" in photography.  Unfortunately, those
formulas and "rules" impose a sameness to the results.

AG