Re: [OM] Slide mountning marathon!

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide mountning marathon!
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:14:41 -0400
> I've been very busy!  Since 6pm last night, I have been mounting stereo
> slides.

I managed to finish mounting, and projected the best slides... As always, I
had about 10 slides and I could not decide which 3 to enter to the club
competition.  So I called my 17 year old son to help me.  He was "ohhh,
ahhhh" in every slide.  "Which 3 do you like the best?" I asked. "I like all
of them!" was his response.  Not much help in other words....

So, I picked 3 favorites and went to the meeting.  All three slides were
from the Orlando vacation.

Slide #1, a beautifully composed picture from EPCOT, the "Spaceship Earth",
this large golf ball, composed with flowers in the front, photographed with
my Konica Hexar 3d camera.  It looked great, filling the screen... but... it
got nothing!!!  That was a shock!

Slide #2, from Disneyland downtown, an air balloon with Mary Poppins. I
photographed it late afternoon, with 20mm lenses in my stereo camera.
Looked very nice.  Got 1st place award.

Slide #3, from Universal Studios, a picture of a shark hanging upside down
with mouth open. I took two pictures, one of my wife with her head inside
the shark's mouth, but I was a bit far away, and one just of the shark where
I came closer. I mounted the slide with the shark's mouth coming through the
screen (remember, this is 3d).  Very strong stereo effect and impact.  Got
2nd place.

So, one 1st and one 2nd to start. Not bad....

Our club gives awards to 20-40% of the entries so there was another 1st
place and more 2nd places.  One lady got one 1st and two 2nds, so she is in
first place now. (I have to keep an eye on her :))

At the end of the meeting the entire group votes for their most favorite
slide and the winner gets the "people's choice award" which gives an extra
point.  This went to my slide #2!

Overall, a good way to start the season!

George